Sunday, October 4, 2020

Back to Clemson

Of course, just a week into Darth Wiggles arriving at Clemson University it was realized that we hadn't brought everything she needed. More importantly, Wiggles changed her mind and wanted a small refrigerator in her dorm room. So my wife and I ran back up there last weekend to bring her all the items, including her favorite foods from Costco. Thankfully there wasn't a football game last weekend.

My son did a semester at Clemson when he first started college but we never got a chance to walk around the campus. He transferred down to the University of South Carolina to finish he degree. I found the Clemson campus beautiful and wished I could have spent more time just walking around that day.  

Still not very knowledgeable about Clemson, and no, I'm not into college football but this clock tower is apparently famous. 

A bad picture of Wiggles standing next the statue of the guy the university is named after. Yes, we all were wearing masks that day but taking a picture with one on is silly to me.

Just a nice tree.

Late in the afternoon, my wife and I had to head back home. We left Wiggles in her dorm room happily eating Costco chicken dumplings and watching television. This squirrel though saw us off, he was quite upset with all the cars and people walking around his home. When we got back to Columbia I pretty much collapsed on the couch and was still tired the next day. Regular posts will return next Saturday with maybe a quick one in the middle of this week.  
 

 

5 comments:

SpacerGuy said...

Hi friend its been an age but I remember you from somewhere. I'm glad your son is getting a degree - the planet needs smart folks. Trees and squirrels God bless them. We need each other more than we care to admit it. The squirrel lives in the tree, harvesting nuts and food from around and scampers back to its happy home. The tree converts water and carbon dioxide to oxygenate the planet.

Marja said...

Great your kids all to to Uni So in the US they live on the grounds of the Uni?. Here most students flat somewhere in the city same as in Holland. Love the picture of Wriggles.

The Bug said...

Ooo - I love that tree - very pretty! When I was growing up I was friends with a Clemson family. They were pretty fanatical - it was all orange, all the time, and it seemed like all their animals were named Tiger. Ha!

The Armchair Squid said...

That is a pretty campus.

Oak tree? Hard to tell without a closer look at the leaves but otherwise, it looks like an oak. I miss oaks. We don't have so many of them up here.

Ranch Chimp said...

BTW, Bum ... Congratulations to your daughter getting into Clemson! ... hope you and yours/ family are well