Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Doing Disney's Animal Kingdom

What can I say? Darth Wiggles wanted a picture with the famous Native American princess and after my attorney, my lovely spouse Dragonwife, assured the management I would be on my best behavior the Disney SWAT team stood down  and my daughter got her picture.  I still had to stand one-hundred feet away though.

Yeah this is strictly a very unconfirmed urban legend but one of the Animal Kingdom Lodge front desk staff once told me in hushed but urgent tones that all guests need to keep their curtains drawn to assure their privacy while staying here at the resort. See many of the rooms here have balconies that face the simulated African savannah so the guests can have views of the animals as they roam around. The designers also realized that since we have an overabundance of idiots these days some might try and harm the animals by feeding them. So to protect the animals IR cameras were installed that face the balconies so things can be rightly monitored but there was one problem the designers did not foresee. These same IR cameras can also "see" straight into the rooms if the curtains are open. This became an issue as more and more guests decided to make the Shakespearean "beast with two backs" completely unaware that their activities were being caught on camera. Long story short whether or not this bit of information is true if you come to this beautiful resort it is best to close the damn curtains.        

I could really ignite a nice gender-based firestorm with this picture but all I will say is that we need to give each other a little consideration. Oh what the hell, when my wife saw this picture her first thought was that the male lion was a lazy bum while the lioness was just trying to get him to spend time with the kids or do some much needed yard work. My first thought was that nagging crosses all species lines. No hate mail please.

8 comments:

Mr. Charleston said...

Glad to see you're making the best of this BB. The old guy laying on the couch while the wife gripes... seems right to me.

Akelamalu said...

Sounds like you're behaving yourself. ;)

Ranch Chimp said...

I'd like to visit that place myself!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

The lion picture reminds me of another I saw recently. One lion is kinda looking over its shoulder at the one right behind it, and the caption is something like, "Damn it, Bob, 'bite me' is just an expression."

Pixel Peeper said...

Wiggles and Pocahantas look like sisters!

Sounds like everybody is having a good time.

lime said...

well i am glad the SWAT team stood down. the cameras though...wow, just wow. of course part of me would be tempted to moon them but that's me. i forgot to grow up in some ways.

Randal Graves said...

Boomchickawowowow.

Marja said...

Great place beach and lots going on in the animal kingdom