Monday, August 24, 2020

A Short Post From Crappy Suburbia

 

 

 As usual for me, August brings nothing but endless yard work and long, hot humid days with me dreaming of cooler weather. That was the case last weekend since my daughter and I decided to do the mowing and trimming on Saturday. By the time we were finished the only thing I wanted to do was get cleaned up and vegetate on the couch for the rest of the day.

I've done this blogging long enough to fully understand that a weary and overheated Beach Bum does not create audacious fiction nor insightful essays. However, I still wanted to post something so here is some new Jimmy Buffett. 

Have a good week and send me ideas on how I can get my wife to let me go to the coast next Saturday. Understand this, any ideas offered I will consider. I will not held back by moral or ethical concerns. I need a sandy beach, ocean waves, and a salty breeze.      

5 comments:

sage said...

You might be able to get a good deal on a room in the Gulf this weekend! I mowed today and was soaked--August humidity is terrible.

www.thepulpitandthepen.com

Marja said...

Oh nice tell her it is cool at the beach. As long as there are not too many people there if Corona is around at your area. In Holland that is one of the reasons of a re-surge of cases.
They had a heatwave for a few weeks.
Here we just starting spring next week and we can't wait to get some sunshine

W. Hackwhacker said...

I wouldn't dream of interposing myself between you and your wife for any reason, but I will go so far as to say that even a weary and overheated Beach Bum is better than no Beach Bum at all!

The Armchair Squid said...

I believe strongly in bribery. What's her poison? Wine? Flowers? Chocolate? Costume dramas? Everything has a price.

Ten Bears said...

Does the pink shirt count as a crustacean?