Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Darth Wiggles Goes to Clemson


 

Well my wife and I reached another milestone in life last Saturday. Our daughter, Darth Wiggles, is now a full time student at Clemson University and living on campus. You would think being a full time student would naturally mean living on campus, but with the Covid pandemic throwing everything into chaos, she was doing online courses for three weeks here at home before it was her time to move up there.

The actual move to campus wasn't that bad compared to stories I have heard from other people. We did have to drive two cars because of all the stuff my daughter needed, but only barely. And the campus police and other Clemson staff had most everything dealing with the incoming students expertly planned out and carefully managed.

In fact, I only made a fool of myself twice that day, the first was unknowingly driving off the actual street and onto a pedestrian walkway. The second example was somehow getting lost LEAVING the campus. Once my wife and I had Darth Wiggles settled into her dorm room, we said goodbye and drove away in our respective cars. My wife pulled out of the parking lot immediately but I wanted to find an interesting podcast on my phone, so I didn't started driving for about fifteen minutes. Long story short, I missed a turn going out somewhere and was heading towards the South Carolina/Georgia/North Carolina border area for twenty minutes.

Darth Wiggles appears to be settling nicely into her new surroundings while for her parents the house to just too damn quiet. Right now the plan is for her to spend four to five weeks up there before coming home for a visit. No matter how much she was looking forward to getting on campus, there will be a period of homesickness to overcome.

It still sucks though, for my wife and I.

5 comments:

MikeP said...

Big milestone. Last fledgling leaves the nest. :)
Best to you and your wife. I know it's tough and will take some time to get used to it. But you will!

sage said...

It's bittersweet to send a kid off to school. May she learn a lot and stay safe (and healthy).

www.thepulpitandthepen.com

The Bug said...

Never having had kids, all I can do is remember the terror & jubilation I felt when my parents dropped me off at college. 38 years later I feel kind of bad for my mom - she was NOT happy to leave her baby behind & I'm sure I wasn't the least bit sympathetic.

The Armchair Squid said...

Congrats to all of you - big life change.

Ours got her driver's license this week. It's like a whole new world.

KimberlypTownson said...

In addition, there are some variations, for example barrel cuffs may be mitred, with the corner cut off at 45. The vertical strip of fabric running down the front opening is called the placket, and gives a more symmetrical appearance to the joint New Yeezy Shoes between the left side, on top, and the right. This left over right order is also seen in waistcoat and coat fastenings, though women's clothing buttons the other way (right over left).

This council also Michael Kors Outlet Online proved to be the seedbed for future Coach Outlet Sale leaders like Msgr. Ray Ban Sunglasses Sale John A. Ryan, who was "strongly influenced by the social justice message of Rerum Novarum," the encyclical of Pope Leo XIII, O'Brien said. When transitioning your business into Cheap Jordan Shoes For Men the digital era, having a memorable domain name is important you want customers to know where to find you, and learn about your products and services. Securing your business Coach Handbags Clearance name for a domain is optimal, but there are also many other options you may want Cheap Air Force Ones to consider in order to help direct the most possible traffic to your business. By establishing a web presence, you can expand your company's web presence, and capture a bigger market both on and off of Long Island.